This blog is now becoming defunct, it will still run for a little while but everything now is being done on the new blog for the whole of thirdstrikedrifters, so hit it up at third strike drifters blog and don’t worry ill be updating as usual, the new blog is just a freshened up version where the whole of third strike can share their cars and fun with the public
Yesterday i got to work installing all of the bits that i received from SQ Engineering (www.s-86.com) this guy specializes in 20V 4age setups and swaps and is the best guy to see for any parts or info on these engines and how they can be converted/modified. I bought a full water system kit to re-route it to rwd format which includes a rear bypass plate, small side block off, front waterpipe with thermostat built in and soo many other great parts. Now the water.system is basically sorted i moved onto the coilpacks, i mounted the adaptor plate, also from SQ and shaved the 1NZ coilpacks to fit the motor, that’s all bolted on, the.dizzy blockoff cap is on, the new rear lifting point is painted and on, the sump has been repaired and painted now too, so the motor is becoming quite close to complete, i also removed 90% or so of the emitions/vacuum system that was unnessiscary so now its much more open and un-cluttered , so now for the photos!
Yesterday and today consisted of getting the engine all stripped down bare. I removed the power steering pump, the air conditioning condenser, and the tensioner aswell as all the mounts for that junk, thats all being binned haha. Then i removed all the front plastics, the water pump, all water system housings and the loom aswell as the airbox and stock velocity stacks and the rocker cover. So the engine’s quite bare at this point in time, I’ve got the engine stand ready for tomorrow so i can get the motor upside down and have a look inside the sump. Today i also parted the crank pulley that was cast with two pulleys on it, the inner for the water pump/alternator and the outer for the powersteering/aircon, the outer now being un-nessicary so i got to work cutting and make the pulley a fraction lighter and a little prettier with the aid of some glittery charcoal paint, i gave the waterpump pulley the same treatment too i also bought a new timing belt kit, water pump, NGK iridium plugs and a gates racing multi v belt for the front, so lots of things are a’ happenin c:
Today dad and I drove down the coast to go pick up my new bit of fun, a silvertop 4age 20v motor, its back at my place now and this week ill start pulling it apart and getting the un-needed ancillaries removed, Im going to get it onto the engine stand and take the rocker covers off aswell as the sump and have a look inside. Ile got quite a lot of shiny new parts on their way also, ready to be bolted straight on, so stay.tuned.for lots of cool updates here!
This month a shakeup is in the mix, were going to get the new engine for my car, parts are coming in, parts are being sold, a new exhaust is in the works, hopefully another trackday before the motor is dropped in and my bumper should be all fixed and painted soon aswell😀
The main focus will be on the new engine though, i will be putting a 20v 4age silvertop motor in which we will be picking up from down the coast this week, there will be lots of shiny parts and fun times ahead so stay tuned!